Ring in the New Year by investing in yourself! Don’t let the stress of being a “broke” college student deter you from this. It is not about how much money you do have; it is about what you do with that money. Fun Fact Alert - #1 Doesn’t cost you dime when you live at VERVE. We have the best fitness center in Bloomington!
1. Gym - Physical activity always makes you feel better about yourself. At VERVE you’ll be able to sweat out the stresses in our Sauna or workout 24/7 in our state-of-the-art fitness center!
2. Talk It Out – Don’t feel bad for talking it all out. Take a friend to coffee and talk about the stresses of the day. Talking to people who go through the same experiences will help you see the larger picture. If that’s not enough, schedule an appointment with a therapist or visit the university counselor.
3. Knowledge - Buy a book. Download a Podcast. Watch a video. Try to learn something new every day.
4. Networking - Spend money on going places where you can meet potential employers or connections who can lead you to your dream career.
5. Travel - Instead of spending $200 on the latest fashion, buy a plane ticket. Explore a new culture. Seeing new places and meeting new people will give you some of the best experiences life can offer.
Now get out there and invest in YOURSELF!